Social icons

Monthly Moments & Loves: March

Friday 1 April 2016


Well March has been a funny old month but nevertheless I have a bunch of favourites that have kept me smiling to share with you all!


Firstly, I want to start by explaining March. March will probably go down as being the weirdest and hardest month of 2016 for me. I mean so far 2016 hasn't came with many good months but March tops it all off. At the very start I had a brake up with my boyfriend of 3 years. As you can imagine this was particularly difficult. So March has been a learning curb but I'm starting to see the fun in it all. I mean it's pushed me to look at myself more and be more content being alone. I've started doing things that make me happy, like starting new projects. My friendships have became stronger as the people I love have came and helped me while I cry or just to eat ice-cream with me. I've also met new people, which is so interesting and something I'd never of done before.Things like that really make me happy and proud of myself because I'm shy and it's a big deal for me but it also makes me so happy.  Things like this can suck the motivation out of you and it has, I mean I'm struggling to revise or find the motivation to do things but slowly it's getting better. I have lovely people around me and I'm grateful. I'm really looking forward to April to see if things will keep on this good track. I dont really want to dwell on it all, it's in the past and I'm more than happy to start moving on, I just thought I should mention it here because I want to be completely honest on my blog. 
Also I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has offered their support, it really means a lot and it's amazing to know that so many people care.





My first favourites are this mix of MAC's In Anticipation lip liner and my YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in Rouge In Rock (36). The lip liner is a dark pink colour with a hint of rose tones in. This is perfect for me because it brightens my face but in a subtle way so I can still over-line my lips without looking strange. Then the YSL lipstick adds the moisture back in and gives a more red tint. The liner alone can be a bit drying so adding a more glossy lipstick on top is perfect. The YSL adds a bit of colour too but isn't anything intense so together they are fab for spring days when you dont want to up keep of a bold lip.

Benefit Porefessional.
This has always been a bit of a love/hate thing for me. I mean it's great for smoothing and keeping make up on but it can be really drying and make my makeup cakey on dry patches. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin but I've been putting it on my nose and on my cheeks where I have transfer issues from my makeup and it's worked great! I would say try the Garnier version first because that is really good too but these kind of thick, smoothing primers are so good for oily parts of the face and keeping makeup on all day. They just make everything apply really nicely and keeps you looking fresh. That's always a fab thing when it's coming up to the hotter months. 


Next I have my Avon eyeshadow palate. 
It's just a neutral set of shadows but I've been loving them for nights out and just defining my eyes. Avon is often overlooked so I thought I'd include this one. The shadows are actually really pigmented; they aren't as good quality as say the Naked palates but at a fraction of the price they do well. I think the shade range is perfect for any type of eye and I can wait to try that bright yellow/gold shade! The highlight colours are also really pigmented and I use the first colour to highlight under my eyes since I'm so pale!!

For fashion favourites, I've been loving this Dorothy Perkins top. I got this last year but I've brought it out again and I love it. Pink is really in recently and it's a perfect spring, transition colour. It has these big, illustrated flowers on and I just think it's a really different take on the classic florals. 


Music Favourites:
Firstly I wanted to talk about my friends band Armpit And The Glitterbabies. They are an all girl, feminist punk band ahah! It's a bit of a mouthful but really they are so talented and it's amazing to see them talk about and sing about these types of issues. They've just supported an actual band and it made me so proud and they have a show coming up soon! 
You should all give them a listen and a like!

Troye Sivan Blue Neighbourhood 
I've been loving this album all month because it's really chill and has some lovely lyrics. I've been loving Talk Me down especially! It's chill but not in a sad way and I've just had the whole album on repeat, I'd really recommend. 

Monthly Moments: 



What have been your favourites? 














23 comments

  1. Lovely post, Sophie! I am so sorry to hear about your breakup :( I'm always here if you need someone to talk to!

    I looove your monthly videos! would you mind if I did something similar? I want a way to remember my months in video form.

    Lee - leethrifts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw it's fine, I'm starting to feel much happier!! Thanks so much! And of course, I'd love to see them!!!XX

      Delete
  2. Great post ! I love benefits porefessional and that eyeshadow palette looks really nice ! Sorry to hear about your break up :( !

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And it's fine, I'm really happy XX

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh the YSL lipstick is so pretty, I really want one but I haven't got a clue what shade I'd pick up. I also love your top as well. Pink and flowers just make me happy!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so pretty!! I'd just go to the counter and get them to match you to a colour, I did that on my birthday and it's a shade I'd never pick but I love it! XX

      Delete
  4. Aww Sophie I'm going through a breakup as well right now so I definitely understand how horrible it can feel! Glad you're starting to feel ok again, time and lots of tea is really the only thing that can heal these kind of things! Sending much love, hugs and support!
    I love Blue Neighbourhood as well! I adored Talk Me Down as well but it was kinda attached to all the memories of my ex so might just hold off on listening to that one for a while haha!
    I also love your little 'shine' saucer, it's too cute!
    We're gonna smash it in April girl! Keep smiling :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I really hope you're ok! If you ever need to chat about it I'm here for you! Sending you so many hugs!!!
      XX

      Delete
  5. The YSL lip products have been one of the products I have wanted for such a long time especially for its amazing packaging :)

    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, definitely worth the ridiculous price!!XX

      Delete
  6. Aw that Avon palette looks amazing and that top is so pretty! I am so sorry to hear what you have been through this month. If you ever want anyone to talk to, ( and I really mean this) who isn't going to judge you or laugh at you, I am here to offer support and any advice that i can xxx


    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Nicole!! Thank you for being here for me, it really means a lot!XXX

      Delete
  7. Love that YSL lipstick! I find im usually more drawn to product packaging than the actual product haha! Its just so pretty!!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I love packaging, I mean who has time to photograph other products when you have the pretty ones!XX

      Delete
  8. such gorgeous picks (and your photography too!) that top is totally gorgeous and so perfect for Spring! I love the look of that palette, I'm quite a neutral shade eyeshadow kind of person anyway and it looks so perfect! Also that YSL packaging, they just nail it! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're starting to feel happier now :) I still can't get over how beautiful that YSL lipstick is, so so pretty!

    Emily xx | emilyclairewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your break up. Glad to hear that your doing well and feeling positive about the future :) I loooove that YSL lipstick. I've never actually tried Porefresional but it seems to be a cult favourite. Looking for a good new primer so I think its about time I tried this. Great post and your photography is beautiful :)

    Amy | www.typicalamy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I'm doing much better now! XX

      Delete
  11. You're sounding happier I'm glad ^_^ The lipstick colour is gorgeous I think I need one ahha. I always love your videos in these monthly moments <3 Hope April is better for you xx

    Sophie | http://ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for working on yourself! How gorgeous are the YSL lipsticks?!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, it's long overdue I think!! I know, they are too pretty XX

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.