Social icons

Style Snippet: 'Soccer Mom'

Saturday 2 July 2016
Finally back with another style snippet after way too long wearing exam, comfort clothes. I 
decided for this I'd show my new jeans that channel my inner 90's soccer mom.














Top: Topshop (old)
Jeans: Zara TRF
Bag: Vintage
Jewellery: Daisy Mae 

I bought these jeans off Zara, finally, after eying the 'mom' style up for so long. I never thought I'd be able to wear them because I'm only 5ft and have confidence issues around my thighs so this is a big step. I just thought that there's no harm in trying them out and I actually really like them. I'm not going to lie and say they are really flattering because obviously they're baggier so they aren't going to make your legs look small but I love that! It's a big step for me not to wear tight jeans and I actually feel confident. I think it's because these ones from Zara fit really well. They are perfect around the waist so they look great with cropped tops, especially because they're highwaisted and the legs fit great. They are a bit long because they dont do petite but I like to roll them up to give them a more vintage look anyway.
The colour is nice, it's just a simple, vintage wash. Nothing too out there and it goes with everything. I love that they have that older look because it's really fun to style with more laid back things to get an effortless vibe, like a soccer mom (or what I'd imagine).
I paired them with this cropped top that I've had for a year or two from topshop. It's just simple and grey with white, scalloped stripes and 3/4 length sleeves. I really like the sleeve length and the scallop details because it just makes it different to every other stripe top in my wardrobe. 

Hope you enjoyed this post.
Do you ever put an outfit on and feel like your in fancy dress? Maybe thats just me?


6 comments

  1. Wooo yay, your style snipptes are back! I actually really missed them cause I always love your outits :) This one is no exception - the jeans are great & they suit you so well. Also I really hope your exams went well & you get to relax for a bit now x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! Well done for stepping out of your comfort zone and wearing something different, I always wear tights with dresses and skirts because I hate my thighs too! I can't wait to see what you have in store now you have finished your exams xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually think the jeans look so nice rolled up, especially for summer time. And they really suit you so much! I love the stripy top, like you say the detailing makes it more snazzy than a lot of other striped tops

    Emily x | emilyclairewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing. This jeans look so good on you. Unfortunately I can't wear mom jeans because my hips and thighs aren't shaped for those kind of jeans. Skinny jeans are my saviour. xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this outfit, the necklace and bracelet are so pretty xx

    Sophie | http://ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the jeans are definitely soccer mom-y :P Love the bag!

    Stef <3
    For Vanity's Sake

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.