Social icons

Style Snippet: Edinburgh Botanical Gardens

Thursday 7 July 2016
















Shirt: Zara (Bargain in the sale!!!!)
Jeans: Joni Jeans Topshop
Shoes: Converse

You all know about my love for Edinburgh and botanical gardens so this was the perfect location for a style snippet!! Seriously, if you ever go to Edinburgh I'd really recommend the botanical gardens, especially the glass houses. I mean yeah they did make my hair go very flat and frizzy but there's so many amazing plants and the glass houses architecture is beautiful. 

I was going to do a summery style snippet with this lovely, crochet white top I have but then, in classic Scottish style, it rained. I'd been shopping the sales on Princes street and picked up this amazing shirt, so I thought I'd switch it up. 
I actually got changed in the toilets of an art gallery, which had a Van Gough exhibition. You had to pay £11 to see it but I managed to accidentally walk in and had to be taken out; art was good though ahahah!

Anyway onto the outfit. 
I've been loving the pyjama style that's been everywhere lately, accept I dont think I'm cool enough to pull it off and I'd probably just look like a 12 year old wearing their pyjamas in public. Then I saw this shirt on one of the overcrowded sale rails in Zara and found the perfect way of pulling it off. It was only £10 in the sale, which is such a steal considering the unique pattern and how lovely and soft the material is.  It has this really unique print of, what looks like traditional Chinese people. I don't want to sound ignorant so I won't try and guess but yeah, it's really different and I just needed to add it into my novelty printed shirt collection. 
It's a long shirt, which isn't what I usually go for because I think it cuts me off and make my legs look even more like stumps, but hey if you can't make an unflattering exception for a cute printed shirt, what can you do? Well that's how I justify it. 
It's perfect for those 'I want to wear leggings and pretend I'm still in Pj's days' because it gives an extra bit of coverage, so you can even wear comfy pants without worrying about VPL. Thinking of everything here, aren't I. 

I love the shirt and I know I'll be wearing it to death all year round because of the colours and pattern. I imagine it in summer to loose and floaty and then in winter just poking out of a jumper, love it!!

Hope you enjoyed this.
Have you got any strange collections?



8 comments

  1. Beautiful photos, love your shirt! <3

    Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the shirt, it's so unique! :) The location is beautiful as well x

    Sara / AboutLittleThings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shirt is so pretty! I have never seen anything like it before! Also the gardens look so pretty! Lovely post as always xx


    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the Edinburgh Botanical Gardens look absolutely beautiful! I really love your shirt; it has such a lovely, quirky design :)

    www.raiin-monkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely shirt and such a bargain! You can't beat a good shirt and jeans combo :) xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd love to go to Edinburgh one day. I think the loose style of the shirt works really well with skinny jeans

    Emily x | emilyclairewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shirt is so sweet! What a bargain as well! An interesting post too, the gardens sound like a great day out. Lydia Eve | www.lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great atmosphere!! Definitely want to visit here one day. I love the shirt and usually I don't like longer shirts because it cuts me off and makes me look short as well haha, however I would also make an exception for that shirt :) x
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.