Social icons

Current Faves | Monthly Moments

Sunday 17 July 2016
My June monthly moments has been sitting on private waiting for me to get around to take my favourite photos and now I can't finally share it with you!! It's been one of my favourite months and I can't wait to share, even if we are now halfway through July...



I loved June because it was full of lovely memories which outweighed the stresses of exams. I've been watching new things, which did run into July but I had to speak about them. I've been listening to some fab summer songs and it's just been overall a happy month. 

(No spoilers)
I'm not going to lie, I have only just started and finished Orange Is The New Black season 4 but I had to include it now because it was so good. Definitely one of the best season. I think the racial conflicts and the portrayal of Black Lives Matter is so important and police brutality. It makes you feel so angry and shows another perspective on the issue of privilege etc. 100% would recommend!!

Body Shop Perfume: Japanese Cherry Blossom
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet: 04

My beauty faves this month have been sparse because its been a lot of stress from exams or lack of effort for nights out because I was too ready to leave the house ahah!
I've been loving this Body Shop perfume. I dont want to embarrass myself by trying to describe it but basically it's floral like Spring blossom and has a very clean, light smell. Very nice for summer!
And this liquid lipstick is really lovely; I included it in my current makeup routine. It's so light and easy to wear but matte and has this lovely peachy tone, which really lights up the face!


New Look Heartbreaker Jumper

Embroidery is always fab in summer and this sweatshirt has been such a staple in my wardrobe. It's so easy to throw on when you're tired or on a summer evening but still looks summery because of the lighter colour and embroidery. I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it all year and I'll definitely be doing a style snippet on it!!

Frankie Cosmos

I've been loving Frankie Cosmos lately; I mean she's cute and sings about dogs, whats not to like? I'd really recommend her albums if you like easy, short songs with soft vocals. She's just so easy to sit and listen to and her lyrics are lovely. She's a fab person to listen to when you dont want to get out of bed in the morning.
Fave Songs:
If I Had A Dog
Fool
Is It Possible/Sleep Song
Dancing In The Public Eye

Currents - Tame Impala 

This album is like my album of the year; it's so good for uplifting your mood and just not thinking to. It doesn't take effort and has that chilled vibe that you want in summer. The album is fab for condensing feelings into lyrics without being overly emotional and is still really happy. It's great at parties or alone and just an all rounder that I know I'll be listening for months without getting bored.
Fave Songs:
Yes I'm Changing
The Less I Know The Better
Disciples
New Person, Same Old Mistakes

Monthly Moments:

June has been lovely and I hope you enjoyed getting up on my current faves!
What are yours?













7 comments

  1. Love the jumper, especially the colorful embroidery :-) yay for no more exam stress and hello summer eh? June was super wonderful because I spent two weeks at home and also in Seoul eating up all the amazing food and traveling and it was greaaaat! Now to relive the same in July as I have zero holiday left and am super busy at work hahaha!

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks for the month! Now I really want to go to The Body Shop for some perfume! I always forget about checking there!

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love that you've included music into your favourites, I'm always looking for new music but find it incredibly hard to find things that suit my tastes - will definitely be having a listen.
    That jumper is so unique and beautiful, too.

    Isabelle | www.isabellekategm.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jumper is adorable but can't find it online- noooo!!! This post has made me want a body shop perfume now and I'm going shopping today so damage may be done. A lovely post (and stunning photos hun!), Lydia Eve | www.lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you've had a really lovely month, Sophie! I LOVED this season of Orange is the new black as well. That jumper is so cute!

    Lee - leethrifts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This season of OITNB was soo amazing, I definitely cried my eyes out at the ending, I can't wait to see whats to come after it. Lovely post.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
  7. My month is going so well, with the sun and beach brightening my mood. I love that sweater on you, even though I'm not the biggest fan of embroidery. The Body Shop is one of my favourite body brands, and their perfumes have to be one of my most loved products from them- Madagascan Vanilla Flower is amazing! xx

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// lifestyle & beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.