Social icons

Style Snippet: Styling A Bomber

Sunday 10 April 2016
Bombers have came around again and now they are everywhere. I've had this one in my wardrobe for years and I thought I'd style it up again!

















Bomber: River Island 
Jeans: Joni Jeans
Jumper: New Look
Backpack: Avon
Necklace: Daisy Mae 

I decided to restyle this Varsity bomber jacket that I've had for years. Bombers are back on trend now and I thought they were perfect for transitioning outfits into spring. I love the varsity style because it kind of makes me feel like I'm in some cool american sitcom like Awkward. I mean American high school seems really long but fun and way different to what I'm used to, so a girl can dress up in those clothes and pretend. I also paired it with this bright yellow jumper from New Look because I thought it was a bit different than just an all black outfit. The brightness just screams spring to me and I felt like I was actually dressing for the weather for once, which has always been my issue. I just love autumn too much. 
Anyway, I think this outfit has a really fun, sporty vibe without looking like you're going to the gym. The backpack is great because it can fit in my laptop and essentials but still looks put together and chic. I think this element of the outfit brings it back to being wearable and practical. I love this look with the highwaisted jeans because it gives it a more sleek look and kind of suck you in. I think this is perfect because it balances out the baggier look or the jacket and keeps you from looking bulky.

How do you feel about bomber jackets? What trends are you loving now?


22 comments

  1. I love this look! I need to get myself a bomber jacket asap as they look so comfortable. My denim is currently my go to jacket but that isn't always comfortable :)

    Kathy
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love a classic denim jacket XX

      Delete
  2. This outfit is soo cute! I need all of it ! Lovely post!

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jeans look amazing on you! It's given me some serious envy! I also love the bright colours in this outfit, so spring-time. Lydia Eve, www.lydia-eve@blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I saw this comment while getting dressed and I was like e'yeah I'll wear those jeans' so thank you!! XX

      Delete
  4. I love bomber jackets, they're so warm and comfy and go perfectly with skinny jeans! Also - eyeliner on fleek! You look amazing and beautiful photos! x

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you!! They are such a good staple and thank you so much!!XX

      Delete
  5. I'd never really thought of ever wearing bomber jackets, but I love this outfit! The pop of yellow is so nice with the black jeans and jacket :)

    Emily xx | emilyclairewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! That yellow top is so pretty! You really do pull the outfit of well! You also look really happy in these photos, lovely xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Nicole!! Im so much happier now XX

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit I love my bomber and have worn it loads since getting it, its perfect for Spring xoxo
    http://katecloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is so fab! My bomber jacket is quickly becoming one of my wardrobe staples, meaning I now want to buy one in every colour haha. The yellow top you featured is perfect for Spring and also breaks up the outfit a lil bit. So cute! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Kat!! I know I love a pop of colour!! XX

      Delete
  9. I'd love a bomber jacket! Yours looks lovely on you and that yellow jumper is gorgeous!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I need to get on this trend ASAP to continue my #koreanchic style hahahahaha. That said, I have a semi-bomber type jacket??? I'd love to wear it during spring and it'll be so great to pair with dresses too! Sigh, though I wish I didn't have to wear office clothes/semi formal everyday because I really just want the comfort :'(

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Cherie, you should wear those trousers that actually feel like PJs!! Hahah I love it XX

      Delete
  11. I'm loving the bomber jackets at the moment, they're so cool and quirky. You pull this outfit off so well; I love it.
    Georgia xxx
    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It´s funny that I read this blogpost the day my new bomber jacket comes through the door. Mine is slightly more feminine as it has a white pattern of flowers on a black background but I do love the America style as well. You´re right, it does remind me of an American Highshool in films or tv shows, haha.
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.