Social icons

Monthly Loves & Moments: April

Saturday 30 April 2016


April has been my happy month. I feel like 2016 is finally starting to level out and I'm getting back to normal. So of course I'm actually really happy to share some favourites.




Favourite Person:

Ok I don't normally do a favourite person but I had to include Grace in this. Basically Grace has been here for me right from the start of all my problems in January. I remember walking home with her just after Christmas and just crying and having a heart to heart and then obviously issues throughout 2016, she's just been there to help pick me back up and get me back on track. I literally don't know what I'd do without my Grace. She's the best friend and she just always knows what to do; whether that be to just chat about coconut oil or being a mong with me. It's amazing to have a friend that can just pick you up out of any situation and make the worst days better. Big love to Grace.



Favourite Blogger:

Another one that I don't usually include because there's too many favourites to choose from. However, this month I've been loving Nicole (ThriftyVintage). To be honest she's always been one of my favourite blogs but she's just been such a lovely friend to me this month and I know she's been having a hard time and her blows still amazing. You should all take a look if you haven't already!!



Favourite Songs:

I've been loving so many songs this month! I find that when I'm happier in myself I listen to better songs with good vibes, perfect for the summer.

This is one of those songs thats just good. Like there's just something about it thats just good, I dont know if this makes sense? It has those summer vibes that old school Vaccines songs have but in their fresh way. It's just one of those songs that you tap along to and you just want to sit in a park with a cold drink when it's sunny.

SG Lewis - No Less & Shivers
Two songs here because I've just been loving SG Lewis too much. If you like Disclosure or Jack Garratt you'll love him!
No less is a more chill, kind of relaxing song. It's got some dance vibes but not too much, so you can still just sit in bed without feeling like you're having a one man party. I think the vocals are fab and really similar to Disclosure vibes but it's just a bit more than that. It's just chill but you can still have a bit of a sing and dance. 
Shivers has more meaningful lyrics that make you think more about everything but still in that chill way. Again, great vocals and smooth sounding with chill vibes.

If you like The Vaccines, Two Cartoons, Peace and those kind of bands, you'll love Hinds. They kind of have those summer vibes but in a cool girl band way. I just think they're like a summer version of Warpaint and make me want to sit on the beach.

A bit different to the others but still just as good. This song is perfect for a chill afternoon or the end of the night. I love the lyrics, it's a more positive take on the feeling of anomie in some ways. It just makes me feel better about situations and it has a more psychedelic summer vibe, which I love.

Mac Demarco - I've Been Waiting For Her
Again just another summery song. It's a bit different to the rest, a bit more slow and peaceful but really great for car journeys or just days in the park.




Favourite Product: 
This month has been dominated by coconut oil, definitely not a sentence I thought I'd be saying. You can use it for almost everything but my favourite uses are to whiten teeth and condition my hair. If you rub it on your teeth after brushing it can actually help to get rid of plaque and just make your teeth a little whiter. For hair, you just melt it and run it through your hair like a mask, this just softens it and makes it a lot healthier for new growth. This also works on your eyebrows!!

I've also rediscovered Toyshops Glow Pot! It's the perfect cream highlighter for spring and just gives you a lovely, dewy glow. I'd really recommend it and it doesn't leave you looking greasy.






Favourite Clothing:
Highwaisted jeans have been a big fave this month. I comfort ate a lot through December and put on weight, which I have finally lost so out come the highwaisted jeans!! I think they are an essential in any wardrobe because they go with everything and you never have to fear having your bum out when your top has been in the wash on the wrong heat! They just pull all your lumps in and really make your figure look fab.
To go with the jeans, I've been loving a baggy t shirt. I think it's such an effortless look and is comfy but looks so casual and put together. I love those outfits that are comfy but make you look like you've tried. This top is just one from Zara, it's always in the TRF section with all the basic t shirts and its fab. It feels like Pj's and just hangs so nicely.

Monthly Moments:

Hope you enjoy!!
How was your month?










7 comments

  1. I'm so glad April was a much happier month for you! I love the smell of coconut and the product you mention is so diverse- I may have to look into it!!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you had such a happy month Sophie :) Reading what you wrote about your friend Grace put the biggest smile on my face because it reminded me of my own best friend & made me want to text her just to tell her how much she means to me. Having someone by your side you can talk about everything to is the best thing ever. Also I'm loving those monthly moments videos x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your April is much happier :-) hope this keeps up and soon you'll hit peak bahaha! It's always so great to have a friend who will be by your side no matter what, they got yo back! Ooh I really wanna try coconut oil for my teeth – my mum used to make me eat spoonfuls of coconut oil but that was a bit too much for me ha...

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! I love the music recommendations and just downloaded a few of them :)
    Also that phone case is to die for - where is it from?
    Also I've used coconut oil for oil pulling for my teeth for a while - it can whiten your teeth (though I wouldn't count on it to give you super pearly whites) but how clean it leaves my mouth feeling is addictive, haha.

    Amy
    thenoiseinwonderland.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you!!! You are so lovely, thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I hope you are feeling a little bit better now! You and grace have such an amazing friendship. Your monthly moments video made me smile so much!!! Xxx


    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. high waisted jeans pretty much perfect all year round for me haha!
    kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh your April favourites are lovely! I didn't actually know that coconut oil had so many uses, that's amazing!! The jeans look so lovely on you! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.