Social icons

Lazy Girl Guide: Revision

Sunday 17 April 2016


Okay, so I'm a pretty lazy person yet A Levels require revising and I'm not the best but I think I have some pretty good tips!






1. Get Out Of Bed!!!!

Being lazy often means that sitting in bed and being comfy seems like the best plan, it's not. I think it's so much better to get up, shower and sit at a table and get on with work. Being in bed just means you're not ready for the day and it's much easy to fall back into a slump and nap. Taking breaks in bed is fine but when you actually revise, I'd say get up even if thats just sitting on the floor.

2. Set Timers!

Again, being lazy often means that you want to take a lot of breaks. Breaks are fine but you need to keep in structured. I usually set half an hour timers with about a ten-twenty minute break, where I go to get snacks or go back to bed. For my mind this works best because it refreshes my mind and helps me to keep on task. Also with this point, I'd say that you dont need to worry about how early you start work; I know I'm a night owl so I prefer to start revision in the afternoon, so have a lazy morning but make your revision time productive by making it suit you.

3. Get Dressed.

PJ's are my favourite outfit but it's not productive to be rolling about in PJ's all day. My idea is to get a nice pair of joggers and a big jumper; it will make you feel like you're dressed and ready for the day but it's still comfy. I dont think you need to get properly ready and waste a good outfit but just getting out of PJ's and not being a bed hermit is always good to keep your mind on the task.

4. Condense Work.

I find that my brain is lazy as well as my body, so I can't deal with copying huge work sheets out and having massive blocks of text to read. My idea is to condense the work down into little note cards or colour coded sheets. This just works to give you easier things to read and doesn't make you overwhelmed by huge tasks. I also find this helps because it's another way of learning, it's the same information but you're forcing yourself to take it down to the most important parts, which is a great way of getting it to stay in your head.

What are your revision tips?

6 comments

  1. This post was so helpful! I'm so bad at motivating myself to revise but hopefully these tips will help me! I always find that I revise better when I drink a coffee just before revising ! Then again I do everything better once I've had a coffee ! :) great post ! Xx

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with all of these! My exams are coming up in a little while so I'll definitely have to be putting them to use! Also I am totally in love with your little fox notebook haha! Kate :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting out of bed definitely helps haha :) I remember having to study all day and all night for my english exam, the hard work definitely pays off!
    Kathy x
    wwww.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been procrastinating so much recently, and it's just him me that I have less than 30 days to my first AS exam. These tips are really helpful.

    Olivia | blondelamode.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tips! I would totally consider myself a lazy revision-er (if that's a thing?!) and something I swear by is getting washed and dressed. I feel like once you have your clothes on, you kind of have to get out of bed and work, haha. xx

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// lifestyle & beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.