Social icons

Product Spotlight: YSL Rouge Volupte Shine, Pink In Confidence 08

Saturday 1 August 2015
This is the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought and when I did I looked for reviews but there wasn't many, so I thought I'd give my opinions on this lipstick and the shade.




 Ok so to start off, in the photos I've shown you the packaging, which is amazing, and a swatch of the product. 

On the YSL website the lipstick is marketed as " unique sensorial experience with extreme comfort and luminous shine.  Hyaluronic acid microspheres help seal in moisture for 8 hours of hydration. Anti-oxidants and emollients help condition and soften lips."  

I would agree with most of what they have said but I would disagree with the 8 hour wear. 

This is the most comfortable lipstick I have ever worn, it feels more like a balm on the lips rather than a lipstick but the colour is so pigmented!! As you can see from the swatch, it has the pigment of a normal lipstick; I would say that if you have pigmented lips it wont show up in full pigment but thats like most lipsticks. (With the swatch I swiped it on my hands in the same way as I do on my lips to get the same colour, which is about 2 swipes). In my opinion the lipstick glides on really easily like a gloss but instantly gives you the colour of a normal lipstick and can build up for a full pigmentation to the lips. One swipe gives you a really glossy, natural look ; I usually add 2/3 swipes like any other lipstick and it gives an amazing pigment and glossy shine but seriously feels like you just put on a lip balm, which also shows how conditioning the formula is on the lips.

As the description says, the lipstick has this amazing shine and I would agree it adds luminosity to your lips. I have quite thin lips and in the age of big Kylie Jenner style lips (ahhah) I've tried a lot of things to get that juicy look; this lipstick adds a shine to the lips that highlights them and makes them look bigger and more full but in a very natural way, so you dont have to massively overdraw. Obviously it doesnt drastically change the size of your lips but I find the shine just makes them look fuller and nicer. I'm wearing it in my Style Snippet: Shopping Day post and you can see gloss it gives. 

Onto the colour. I picked this lipstick on Feel Unique so I didn't see it in real life and online it looks life a more muted pink. It's a more pale, dusty pink and it really brightens up your face instead of being a nude. This was so out of my comfort zone at first because I'm used to darker lips but I do really like this, its great if you like more natural lip shade but you can also build it up with a lip liner and more layers. The colour is pigmented but because of the shine it still looks more natural than a full on lipstick and it feels lighter on the lips; the best part about it is the fact that you get the colour without compromising comfort. It is really easy to layer by just blotting it down and adding more but it doesnt feel heavier or like you're wearing a lot.

I'd say this formula of lipstick does really moisturize your lips. It doesn't dry your lips out as it starts to wear off. As I've said it doesn't live up to the 8 hour wear that it advertises but I would say that it wears off really nicely; obviously over 8 hours you eat and drink and because it's a glossy formula it does wear off but it fades into a very light, natural stain. I dont think you'd notice the stain at the end of 8 hours but it doesn't fade in a patchy way, it fades naturally off the lips.

Pros:
Glossy finish that makes your lips look fuller.
Good pigments and nice, wearable, everyday colour.
Easy to layer up.
Feels soft and buttery on the lips.

Cons:
It is expensive, I'd say worth it but it is pricey (£26).
Doesn't live up to 8 hour wear.

2 comments

  1. Lovely post!! This YSL lipstick was my first expensive lipstick as well! I bought the No. 9 and it quickly became a favorite! You described it so well! I just did a post on my favorite lipsticks and included this one! xx

    Lucy | lifebylucy.com/current-favorite-lipsticks/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, I'm really glad you liked it! I'll go over now and check yours out, I'd like to know about different colours and maybe save up for a collection! Thank you Xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.