Social icons

Update/Monthly Moments: I GOT INTO UNI

Tuesday 6 September 2016

I missed out my July Moments and decided to create one, long summer list of all the things I've been loving, my moments and a little update.




Let's start with July.




July was a lovely month; I'd started summer and it started with a family trip to Edinburgh. I love Edinburgh as a city and it was a nice, relaxing holiday. We went to the Botanical gardens and that was one of my favourite places of the month. 
July was also full of sun! It was surprising and so lovely to be able to spend time at the park and beach with friends. I did get really bad sunburn but that always happens because I forget that I'm actually very pale!!
 July was also a month of waiting; I was waiting to go on holiday to Prague and waiting for the dreaded results day.

August.


John Lennon Wall | Prague

If you go on a night out in Prague, walk up the main street and go to one of the pizza shops!! They are fab. 1 slice for 45 Krona!

Huge Ciders. Literally the cider in Prague is so sweet and nice, try Kingswood! 

 Paddle Boats on Charles River

Ice Bar | Prague


Bank Holiday Celebrations

August was such a fun month and will definitely go down as one of my favourites.
It started with finally going to Prague, which I'd been waiting for since February. Prague was a better experience than I thought and it was so interesting to see. We did so many things that I didnt expect to, like paddle boating along Charles River and seeing Grace make a dance circle in a 5 story bar. It was surprisingly warm, with the peak of the week being 28 degrees.  I really loved Prague and I'd love to go back.

When we came back it was only a week until results day, which was stressful. Even though it was stressful, waking up on the 18th to find out that I got into The University Of York was the best feeling ever. I cried and celebrated with Andrew before going downstairs to shout to my mam, I was so happy. It's an amazing feeling to know all my hard work paid off, especially with the shit start of the year I had. Happy doesn't even explain it.

Favourites:




Make Up Revolution Highlighter: Golden Lights
I seen the hype about this highlighter from watching a lot of those 'one brand face' tutorials. It's so cheap and your get so much of it. It's a golden highlight (like the name says, ahah) and it gives you a lovely glow. It's so intense and I just love how pigmented it is.


Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream: Zurich
Again, another hyped product that is completely worth it. I'd seen people rave about these so much but I never got round to getting one because I dont have a big Boots or Superdrug in my town. I went to Durham and bought it with the points on my boots card, so it was a fab buy. Anyway, it's a great product and completely worth the hype. It's matte but not drying at all and doesn't dry into cracks or make your lips flaky. The colour is so pigmented and only takes one application to look fab.


Sephora Rouge Infusion: Strawberry 
So in Prague we found a Sephora and I was so excited. It didnt have all the American brands but it was so interesting to see Sephora and swatch all the products. It seems like a great brand and was well priced. I got this liquid lipstick and I love it because it makes me look a bit older, which is always great on a night out. I wouldn't say its as good as the Nyx one because it's more of a liquid so it takes more coats to have an even coverage. However, it's a lovely colour and it really doesn't budge once you have it on.




Sephora Single Eyeshadow: Satin Corset 
I got this single eyeshadow with the intention of using it as a highlighter and it's perfect. It's so pigmented and gives you a golden glow with a pink shine too. It's intense and just makes you glow without looking sweaty. Absolutely perfect as a highlighter or as a lid colour!

Sunflower Bean: Easier Said
Andrew has been showing me some really cool bands with good vibes and these have definitely been a favourite. The song is just upbeat and has a female vocalist, who has a really stunning, soft voice. It's a great one to dance to!!
Listen here!

Cosmo Sheldrake: Pelicans We
I feel like when theres a change in season, it's important to have transition songs and this one is mine.  It's a bit strange and at first it sounds a bit like a horror film but the chanting style of the voice is quite interesting and I can't really describe why but I love it.
Listen here!

Monthly Moments:
Hope you enjoy the snippets from my summer and I look forward to showing you my university journey!




What have your faves been?




8 comments

  1. It sounds like you've been having a wonderful Summer girl! Huge congrats on getting in to uni, I'm so excited for you! All your hard work has definitely payed off! Loved this post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I got accepted into uni and I was just overjoyed! It's definitely one of the greatest yet hardest things in my life so far
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting into uni! I'm pleased things are sounding like they're perking up for you

    Emily x | emilyclairewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks and sounds like you've had a great time. Congratulations on getting into uni!!! It reminds me I really need to try out a NXY product at some point xx

    Sophie's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, CONGRATS! I´m so proud of you and so happy for you. That´s amazing!!
    Secondly, it was lovely reading this post. It seems like you had a great summer. I also absolutely love the NYX soft matte lip creams. They are just amazing & I can finally get them in drugstores here in Germany!
    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you and getting into uni, you did well <3 when I was waiting for results, I was also so nervous but I knew you would get there in the end :) sounds like you had a lovely summer, and Prague is definitely one of my places in Europe! And best dessert: honey cake!

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as everyone else is saying, CONGRATS ON UNI!! I think you should have had a mini cake to celebrate, haha! I'm kind of envious of your summer, but I'm sure each of our summer months will get better and better in time. I think the highlight of my couple months was getting to see my friends again. Classes might suck at times, but good friends make everything better :)

    Kyia at WANDERLUSTGIRL// lifestyle & beauty
    Let’s be BLOGLOVIN friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! Congratulations on getting into uni! That's one of my dreams, I've always wanted to go to cambridge, but I think I will have to be a lot smarter than I am!!! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate teenage blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.