Social icons

Style Snippet: Floral 70's

Wednesday 23 March 2016









Top: Topshop
Necklace: Daisy Mae Jewellery 
Shorts: ASOS

Ok so the 70's trend wasn't for me at first but I've tuned it to me and I actually love it now, hand me all the loud florals and suede!!
I got this top in the Topshop sale for £6, which was a total bargain. It's got a high neck and these amazing flute sleeves. I absolutely love the turquoise colour, it's really different for me but is still so wearable considering it's blue and still toned down. It's this and of stretchy fabric, which has a lovely shape; it just kind of hangs nicely and doesn't cling to any chub, ahha! I love wearing it casually with jeans or out for drinks or a formal event with these culotte shorts. I just think it's a nice twist on an otherwise normal top. The flute sleeves adds that 70's vibe but in a more subtle way. It isn't too stand out, it's just a nice detail. 
The culotte shorts are from ASOS and they are just a really easy, jersey material. They are so comfy but the loud floral makes them look so much more stand out! I love the pattern because it's loud but not impractical, you can easily wear it and pair it with things because it's a dark floral. I love dark florals because they are so easy to wear but have that extra detail and fun to an outfit. 

Are you on board with the 70's trend?
Also I tried a tripod out with this outfit. I dont think it worked as well but I'm still trying to adjust!! 
And if you're into girl punk bands it would mean so much if you checked out my friends band!
https://www.facebook.com/AAGlitterbabies/?fref=ts



7 comments

  1. Omg this skirt is soooo pretty! I have one kind of similar from booho and I love it! So if you are looking for more fun patterned skirts boohoo would be a good place to look! You always style things so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realised its actually shorts!!! :) haha it's still so pretty Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh SOPHIE I love this so much .. I am loving the look of the 70's shorts... I seriously need to get my hands on some... they are SO on trend!!! You also look beautiful.. LOVING the background of these pictures!!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is lovely! The necklace is really cute too
    samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty outfit. I love the colour of the top xx

    Sophie | http://ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am digging this look. The funky, bold print of the skirt creates a gorgeous focal point. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shorts are so cute, I love floral prints! :) Beautiful pictures as always, have a wonderful rest of the week x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.