Social icons

Glam Makeup Favourites

Wednesday 9 March 2016
So sometimes we need a good glam night were you can spend ages getting ready, putting on some fab makeup and just generally making yourself look like a sparkly babe. After having such a shitty time recently, glam nights have been a highlight of my week, so I thought I'd share my fave look!






The Makeup:

Ok so for the prep I like to take nice long shower and really make myself feel fresh and ready! I love using The Bodyshop vanilla range for this because it just smells so sweet and lovely. It kind of smells like cakes and I mean who doesn't love cake?! So I have the body wash and the spray and I find 
 using both just leaves you smelling amazing all night! I also love using Soap And Glory's body butter! I think this is a cult product because it's just one of those things that works for most people. It's not greasy and it dries really fast but also makes you really moisturised and there's nothing better than shaving and feeling like a little slug is there?

Then onto makeup!
I prime with my mac prep and prime because it's my go to. It's yellow so it neutralises my skin a bit more but also adds dewiness! It keeps me looking fresh while also keeping my makeup in tact all night.
My foundation and concealer of choice are my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and their moisture concealer. These are such a lovely combination because they are really hydrating but also provide great coverage. You dont start feeling all dry but they do cover redness and blemishes, which is what I really look for in a foundation! 
Onto eyes! I've been using this Avon neutrals pallet for a while now and I love it. Avon isn't a brand I usually go to but I was given this and I actually love it. The pigmentation is great and it's full of taupe  shades which really bring out the green in my eyes. I also add a big cat eye flick with my Collection liner. These paired together just make my eyes stand out so much and I feel a lot more sassy in myself. 
For cheeks I've gone back to my old favourites! Benefit Dallas blush first of all, just to add a nice flush. It's a more dark, rose tone which is perfect because it looks a bit more natural on me and it also has a bit of shimmer running through it, which gives my skin more of a healthy glow. Then I add my Topshop Glow pot for that bit of highlight. I love my highlight so this is a must in my routine. I have really dehydrated skin so anything that gives me more of a glow is a must!
For lips I went for Palmful. I love this shade for a night out because it's dark enough to add a bit of something to your look but it also wears off really well and it's not a shade that you need to keep an eye on. I can get my self into a right state and know that this won't be all over my face at the end of the night hahah! It's got a a lovely gloss to it and just adds a lovely finishing touch to your look.



The dress! 
So I usually leave my outfit till the last minute and go through a stress like 'ahhh I dont know what to wear?!?!' so I always turn to BooHoo. They do £1.50 next day delivery if you order before noon and it's a life saver! This dress is a slinky material, which is really comfortable but also flattering. It hugs to all your curves but then skims the lumpy bits, which is perfect for a bodycon look. It also had long sleeves, which I love because when you're trying to get into a taxi at 4am you need all the warmth you can get, haha! Overall I'd really recommend BooHoo's pieces and the brand in general, sometimes it's hit or miss if I'll like something but I think they've really improved lately!

What are you fave makeup pieces?




3 comments

  1. Reading this has made me realize I haven't been to The Body Shop in ages!! I really want to go now haha

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is stunning! I love boohoo, they are so cheap too! That Avon palette is so pretty, I hardly ever get anything from Avon any more but maybe I should start again x hope you are okay lovely x

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty look, I love the lipstick shade xx

    Sophie | http://ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.