Social icons

Style Snippet: My New Favourite Shirt

Thursday 25 August 2016








Shirt: Zara

I was browsing Zara with the looming thought of results day, so I was ready for an impulse buy and then I came across this amazing shirt. It has everything I love; embroidery, flowers, 3/4 sleeves and a cropped length. It was great to buy just before results because it gave me something to look forward to and it's turned out to be perfect. 

The shape is lovely. It comes to just above my jeans, so a little cropped. It goes perfectly with low and high waisted jeans because it isn't too cropped. It's also a dipped hem with a split in the side, which means that it's a bit different and I can wear it with leggings on comfy days when I want to look like I made more of an effort. 

The embroidered design is so detailed and is stunning. The pattern has so many  colours in so I can see it going with a lot of things but because its on a background of white, it tones it down a bit. The pattern splits down the middle, where the buttons are so it creates an interesting contrast and detail. 
The fabric is a cotton, which means it holds it's shape nicely and I can see me keeping this in my wardrobe for years.

Whats your favourite, recent purchase?


12 comments

  1. Wow, it's such a beautiful shirt, and it suits you so well!! I hope you got the results you wanted! Are you going to go to University?
    Georgia xxx

    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shirt definitely screams "Sophie"! It suits you so well and the pattern is really pretty. I do hope you were able to see this short as a reward for your grades instead of something to cheer you up!

    xx Lisa | Following Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that shirt is seriously so cute!!! I hope your results day went well!!
    I am definitely going to check out zara now.

    Lee - leethrifts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful shirt, I love the pattern so much! x

    http://lisablog18.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this shirt and gorgeous photos too.
    Natasha xx
    Love-laughter-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shirt!

    www.paperbackthrones.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful! I'm obsessed with the embroidery on this shirt. Anything with this length of sleeves is my favourite x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this shirt, it is so beautiful and there is so much detail! xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This shirt is so pretty and suits you so well. I hope your results came as you wanted xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely find, sweets! It looks gorgeous on you <3
    Aww, I missed your blog, hon! Hope you're keeping great!!
    Btw, embroidery is extra special to me because it is the essential part of the Ukrainian national costume. It was "invented" in Ukraine & I couldn't be more proud of my heritage :)
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute shirt! It's so different and unique perfect to pair with basics :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  12. In love with that embroidery detail! Such a pretty colour too, and perfect for all seasons whenever you need cheering up ;-) I also love how it's a shirt with collars too...

    Cherie | sinonym

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.